Cairns Accounting Services
Dr. Ray Hamey FCPA (Specialist in Taxation) has been in public practice since 1981.
Dr. Ray runs his accounting practice in the heart of Cairns City.
Dr. Rays Qualifications
- Registered tax Agent (in own right)
- Fellow – Certified Practising Accountant with a specialist designation in taxation
- Doctor Business Administration (DBA)
- Master Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Commercial Law
- Graduate Diploma in Business Law
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Certificate of Teaching
- JP (Qual)
Computer Pioneer, Muso and Tax Expert
Dr. Ray was one of the very first to use the IBM Micro Computer way back in January 1983. He even had an article written about his innovative accounting practice in ”Today’s Computers” in the same year.
Dr. Ray was fully computerized in August 1982 and many features in the commercial programs now used are his inventions. Even the digital certificate for logging into the Australian Taxation Office’s tax Agent Portal is one of Dr Ray’s suggestions!
Dr. Ray taught guitar & classical guitar to private students as well as TAFE students. He studied classical guitar at the Queensland Conservatorium of Music and was the 1977 President of the Brisbane classical Society. He also played in a number of musicals.
"He's a bit of a character alright!"